5/14/14

Final Project Deliverables- Meredith Reed

 Artist Statement:


As new comer to the world of HTML and Coding, creating new webpages was a daunting experience at the beginning of this semester. Because I wanted to perfect my html skills, I created a labyrinth of websites taking inspiration from Ben Benjamin’s superbad and  JODI’s html imaging. This labyrinth mimics the psychological stream of consciousness when audiences use media outlets, like the Internet.  However, instead of providing a random website to go to with each click as an Internet user is acquainted, the user is only given certain selections. The farther the user clicks the more aggressive and controversial the topics, with a few seemingly blank pages.  This piece explored the glorified social issues present on the Internet that audiences unintentionally come across everyday. Using gifs and HTML, users have to search for a path to travel by and the interconnected maze that is The Labyrinth
 

Added bonus, there are 9 link sources for the 9 circles of Hell because hell is thought to be a labyrinth on its own. Take a look at the html source codes to find hidden treasures.

FYI: I got frustrated recording this because there's two or three links I couldn't find within the pages during the recordings... BUT I KNOW THEY'RE THERE! 





 












No comments:

Post a Comment