I chose to get rid of the excess videos that did not portray my main points best; I had to be intentional in the ones I chose to keep.
I over laid all of the Facebook interaction pictures over the sound while I was speaking to my Facebook "friends" in real life.
I also edited my html page to make it look more professional and organized.
Thank you for a great semester guys :)
[all of these can be found on this link but I wanted to make sure they were up on the blog too]
-Video:
-Artist statement:
For my final New Media Art project, I wanted to embody social networking
interactions in real life. I performed forty of these in person.
Through this process, I was able to make a larger critique of society's dependency
of online interactions. These private intimate moments that are posted on the public platform
were brought into a true public sphere and awareness. Although on Facebook it is considered
normal to post revealing information about yourself, when confronted in real life-
I discovered these individuals felt creeped out or too exposed. We shy away from this personal
exposure in direct experiences. Facebook changes our perceptions
about privacy, especially when we are behind the keyboard.
-Screen shots:






No comments:
Post a Comment