Here is the link to my project (it is on the W drive but needs to be opened in Chrome).
What cultural ideas influences us? How long have we been influenced by these cultural replicators (memes)? To what extent do they influence us? Is there any hope in changing these stereotypical popular ideas? The video project I created is a combination of different memes that are all based around the Communication Theory of "The Marriage Plot."
I found and edited cultural memes found in much older story lines that are still cherished today (ballet). Within these story lines, I noticed how many of these same cultural memes are still endorsed and sustained in today's culture.
I looked at several different pieces of today's culture where these previous generational memes are still prominent in our today's society. I looked at famous "chick flicks" (which may or may not be a cultural meme in itself- as language is arguably meme), to reality television and its popular stereotypes, as well as celebrity television.
In all of these I realized that these memes from the story lines of the ballets are more present in our society today than the descendants from the genes who produced them might be.
No comments:
Post a Comment