1/29/14

Exercise 0 - Rico Lumanlan

I chose this particular gif because for one I find it extremely simple but it also says a lot about how our own perception of reality.  It is almost impossible to distinguish which of the scenes is the reflection and which is the original. This made me think of how we can often fool ourselves due to our limited perception, which seems to be a major flaw. However, our limited physical perception opens up other doors to exploration and expression of a different degree, such as the creation and open interpretation of art.

First, I found this gif hilarious. Also, I saw that a lot of gifs often about current events, such as The Grammy's and video game culture. Combining the two subjects creates a humorous sequence, which gifs are often meant to be. If the two images were presented separately, there would be no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment